Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fresh Cilantro Salsa and Guacamole

Hot temps call for cool, refreshing foods. It was a beautiful bluebird Spring day. My beau and I were cooking up moose tacos, and salsa and guac from the Fiddlehead complimented the meal nicely.

Mm, moose tacos with Fiddlehead salsa and guac

Fresh Cilantro Salsa: I held this perception that salsa is tricky to make, but with a food processor, the fresh cilantro salsa was as easy as rounding up the vegetables and plopping them in! It broke a barrier in homemade salsa making for me, and I'll definitely blend this up more often.

Salsa is as easy as dumping these veggies...

...into a food processor and pushing the button!

It's so fresh! And healthy--be sure to let it rest the recommended two hours as it melds and steeps the flavors together. I really pulverised the stuff--I might try it a little chunkier next time.

Avocado!

Guacamole: Creamy avocado is accented by the sharp, refreshing tastes of red onion, cilantro, tomato, and lime. Guacamole is a food of the gods for how pure and nourishing it is! The lime's acidity and cilantro's distinct flavor penetrates through each bite. This is a recipe I'm glad to have on hand to use again.

Ole! Creamy guacamole bursting with flavor

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.