Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie

I know you want a slice. Two quintessential flavors of summer, rhubarb and strawberry, are fruits that are born for each other, and they marry happily ever after in this classic pie. Spring's coming a bit late this year in Southeast Alaska, and it was just this weekend when planting the vegetable garden that I found enough rhubarb for the first Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie of the summer!

Some skinny 1st-of-the-year rhubarb on the chopping block

I used the Pie Crust recipe from the Fiddlehead cookbook. I couldn't remember if I'd posted it before or not, but it's easy and it's good. Flour, butter, water. That's it.

I used a short cut. I think it was extra delicious. I used a couple pints of frozen, SWEETENED strawberries, and the result was an extra sweet pie. Yum.

Can you make out the "1st" on the crust? 1st rhubarb of the season! Alriiiight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.